How to use the trade area app?
access_time 2 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label TRADE AREA, SPENDING DATA, ADVANCED FILTER, LOCATION DATA
Step-by-step guide to use the Trade Area App
To turn on the Trade Area Data. Select the Map where you want to add trade areas to. Afterwards, press the Trade Area App to initialize the map layer with trade areas.
If you didn’t add a trade area layer yet, a brand new trade area layer will be created. Press the ADD LAYER button
Now zoom to your desired location and press the ADD FILTER button. Now you can add filters to the mapped out data. With these filtering options, you can select one or multiple data features (like in this example: Total spending toys electronic games and arts/hobby materials).
In this app, you can add a filter based on a Total or an Index.
- Total: With this option you can filter the data based on absolute numbers. For example: you can filter the areas where people spend more than 2000 dollars on toys electronic games and arts/hobby materials.
- Index: With this options you can filter the data based on numbers relative to the average. For example: you can filter the areas where people spend 5% more than average on toys electronic games and arts/hobby materials.
Based on the selected filters, you can directly see which area’s have the heighest/lowest potential based on the Trade Area Data.
Available categories in the Trade Area App
In this example above, we used just one category to filter the map (in this example: Total spending toys electronic games and arts/hobby materials), but there are many more categories to filter the data:
- Household Operation
- Furnishing and Equipment
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Reading Materials
- Tobacco and Alcolholic Beverages
- Games of Chance
- Miscellaneous Expenditures
- Contributions to Charity and Grocery