How to import a shapefile into Tableau?
1 MIN INTERMEDIATE IMPORT A SHAPEFILE, TABLEAU
Did you just download a shapefile? Or did you just export a shapefile from Spotzi Studio and do you want to import these shapefiles into Tableau? Read the following instruction:
- Make sure to extract your zipped shapefile first.
- Open Tableau and connect your shapefile from the start page.
- Once you have connected your shapefile, a worksheet will be created. Go to this worksheet.
- Now drag the Geometry field and other dimensions to the Detail shelf or directly onto the canvas.
- You did it! You have successfully imported a shapefile to Tableau.
Save time with Spotzi Dashboards
Spotzi offers all-in-one dashboards for professionals that don’t want to spend lots of time structuring and managing their data, but immediately want to start their data analysis and create new insights. Our unique 3-step solution (Visualize, Analyze, Realize) helps you to quickly gain insights from your data. Simply connect your data to our dashboards and premium data sources, gain new insights and realize new campaigns. Contact us for more information or take a look at our plans.