Dataset options and settings
access_time 7 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label TRAINING, DATA, ADVANCED, DATASET OPTIONS AND SETTINGS, DUPLICATE DATA, DELETE DATA
Edit Dataset Settings
You can change all kinds of settings regarding your datasets like names, descriptions and even tags to categorize your datasets.
1. To open your dataset settings, just click on the ‘options’ button or small gear icon behind the dataset.
2. This will show a dropdown menu with a ‘Settings’ option.
3. After clicking the ‘Settings’ option, a menu will slide in on the right side of the screen and gives you the possibility to rename your dataset, add a description and add multiple tags. It also shows you some basic information of the dataset like creation date and last update date.
Change the name
Now you can edit the information belonging to your dataset in the panel on the right hand side. Click on the name field, edit it and save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
If you want to edit the description of your data you have click the description field, edit it and save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
To help you find your data more easily you can attach keywords to your dataset. To do so click in the tags field and enter your keywords followed by a comma or by pressing enter. After you have added all your keywords save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
When you now enter one of the keywords you added in the previous step into the search bar you will find your data/map in no-time.
1. To duplicate the dataset belonging to the map you deleted in the previous step go to MY DATA and find the dataset in question. Press its OPTIONS button.
2. Now a dropdown menu will appear with a few options. Click the DUPLICATE DATASET button.
3. You have successfully duplicated the dataset.
1. To delete the dataset belonging to the map you deleted in the previous step go to MY DATA and find the dataset in question. Press its OPTIONS button. As you can see the dataset is not connected to any of your maps.
2. Now a dropdown menu will appear with a few options. Click the red DELETE DATASET button to delete your map.
3. Click DELETE DATASET in the pop up window to confirm.
Keep in mind!
Got a map that only contains the dataset you are about to delete? In that case this map will also be deleted.
Delete data in bulk
1. When you want to delete data in bulk you have to go to MY DATA. Select the data you want to delete.
2. Now a menu will appear in the upper left corner. Click the red DELETE DATASETS button to delete your data.
3. Click DELETE DATASETS to confirm.
In the options menu you also have the possiblity to export your data to several popular formats. We will explain more about exporting data in another part of this training.
Please notice before exporting data
If there is a SQL query filled in the SQL window, the export will only export the results of this query. More information on SQL can be found in the SQL section of this training.