Calculate drivetimes with the Drivetime app
access_time 5 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label CALCULATE DRIVE TIMES, DRIVE TIME MAP, DRIVE TIME RANGE MAP, DRIVE TIME RINGS
With the DriveTime app (Spotzi Enterprise Plan) you can plot drive time rings around your business location. This app allows you to create a drive time map which you can use to calculate the commuting time of employees or the transportation time between a distribution center and a store. Set your location, choose the drive times (max. 3) you want to plot on the map and the app will generate the drive time rings around your business location. Read the steps below for a step-by-step explanation of the app.
Share your maps with graphs
The Graph App is an ideal solution if you want to share your maps with your colleagues, clients and fellow students. If you turn on the visibility of your graphs they will be added automatically to your shared map. Read our map sharing options for more information.
1. Open a map with business locations.
2. Open the Drivetime App.
3. Now select the travel times (in minutes/hours) you want to add to your map. You can add up to 3 time ranges.
4. Select whether you want to add the drive times to an existing layer or if you want to create a new layer.
5. Press NEXT STEP to confirm.
6. Choose the starting location by clicking the map.
7. Press SUBMIT LOCATION to confirm.
8. Name your new map layer and press CREATE LAYER to start creating drive time rings on the map.
9. You have successfully added the drive time zones to your location.
Use custom colors in your travel time map
The Drivetime App will automatically generate drive time rings into predefined colors (yellow, orange, red). If you want to create your own styling for this map you have to change the category styling of this map. This is well-documented into our help center article about styling multiple layers. When opening the category styling, select the “time” column and define a color per time range.
PRO tip! Visualize the postal code areas within a certain drive time range.
Did you know that you are also able to only visualize postal code areas that are located within a certain drive time range? Just add a postal code dataset to your drive time map and use the Filter App to filter by your drive time layer. This feature allows you to only visualize the postal code areas within that drive time range.