How do I create a QLIK Sense ZIP code map?
access_time 3 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label QLIK SENSE MAPS, ZIP CODE MAPS, QLIK SENSE ZIP CODE MAPS
If you want to create a ZIP code map with QLIK Sense Desktop, you need a KML file with a geometry that draws the boundaries on the map. The Spotzi DataShop has the ZIP code boundaries of more than 30 countries around the world. Visit our DataShop and find the ZIP code/postal code boundary files that Spotzi has to offer.
In the Spotzi DataShop you can directly purchase and download your KML straight from the shop. To import your ZIP code data into QLIK Sense Desktop and create your ZIP code boundary map you need to follow these steps:
- Create a new app.
- Name your app and click CREATE.
- Click OPEN APP.
- Drag you KML file into your app or go to data manager in the upper left corner and select the KML from your computer.
- Now you will see the columns from your KML file. Select the name and area column and click ADD DATA.
- After your import is done, click the particular data set and click LOAD DATA in the upper right corner.
- After your data was loaded successfully, click on EDIT THE SHEET to open your visualization where you can add your map.
- Drag a map chart to your sheet.
- Now drag the field item with the geometry to your map. This is in most cases the field that ends with “.Area”.
- Click ADD A NEW LAYER > ADD AS AREA LAYER.
- Remember that QLIK Sense will limit the number of areas. If you want to change this, go to the particular area layer and click OPTIONS > GENERAL and set the number of max. visible objects to a number more than 1000.
- Show labels by clicking the switch. Select the field that ends with “.Name” to visualize the postal codes.
- You have successfully created a QLIK Sense area map with Spotzi data.
Database with ZIP codes of more than 30 countries worldwide
Spotzi has a large Datashop with a lot of KML (.kml) datasets with demographics, consumer spending, ZIP code boundaries, real estate data, addresses, business listings and many more. Our Datashop offers a one-stop-shop solution where you can browse through all our datasets and order them directly from our shop.