How to import a KML into QLIK Sense?
access_time 5 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label QLIK SENSE MAPS, KML FILES, IMPORT KML INTO QLIK SENSE
Did you just download a KML file? Or did you just order a KML file from the Spotzi database and do you want to import this KML into QLIK Sense Desktop? Read the following instructions:
- After you bought your data set, you can export your data to a KML file. Please make sure that the column that contains the ZIP code has the title “name”.
- Create a new app.
- Name your app and click CREATE.
- Click OPEN APP.
- Drag you KML file into your app or go to data manager in the upper left corner and select the KML from your computer.
- Now you will see the columns from your KML file. Select the name and area column and click ADD DATA.
- After your import is done, click the particular data set and click LOAD DATA in the upper right corner.
- After your data was loaded successfully, click on EDIT THE SHEET to open your visualization where you can add your map.
- Drag a map chart to your sheet.
- Now drag the field item with the geometry to your map. This is in most cases the field that ends with “.Area”.
- Click ADD A NEW LAYER > ADD AS AREA LAYER.
- Remember that QLIK Sense will limit the number of areas. If you want to change this, go to the particular area layer and click OPTIONS > GENERAL and set the number of max. visible objects to a number more than 1000.
- Show labels by clicking the switch. Select the field that ends with “.Name” to visualize the postal codes.
- You have successfully created a QLIK Sense visualization with Spotzi data.