How to import a shapefile into Carto?
access_time 1 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label CARTO, IMPORT SHAPEFILE INTO CARTO
Did you just download a Shapefile? Or did you just order a Shapefile from the Spotzi Datashop and do you want to import these shapefiles into Carto? Read the following instruction:
- To import a shapefile into Carto you need a zipped shapefile.
- Now open Carto and add a new dataset.
- Choose the zipped shapefile you want to add to Carto.
- Create a map from the dataset you just uploaded.
- You did it! You have successfully imported a Shapefile into Carto.
Database with 100+ Shapefiles
Spotzi has a large Datashop with a lot of Shapefile (.shp) datasets with demographics, consumer spending, ZIP code boundaries, real estate data, addresses, business listings and many more. Our Datashop offers a one-stop-shop solution where you can browse through all our datasets and order them directly from our shop.