How to import a shapefile into mapinfo?
access_time 1 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label MAPINFO, IMPORT SHAPEFILE INTO MAPINFO
Did you just download a shapefile? Or did you just order a shapefile from the Spotzi database and do you want to import these shapefiles into Mapinfo? Read the following instruction:
- Make sure to extract your zipped shapefile first.
- Open Mapinfo Professional and click HOME > OPEN > TABLE. Select the folder with the extracted ZIP contents and select the file type ESRI (R) SHAPEFILE (.shp). After selecting these options, press OPEN.
- Now Mapinfo will automatically create a .TAB file from the map you are trying to open. Choose a location and name this .TAB file. Keep in mind that this will be the file you will be editing. Not the Shapefile.
- After choosing the location and name of the .TAB file you have to choose the File Character Set (ANSI) and the projection (WGS84).
- After selecting the right settings the map will be opened in Mapinfo Professional. You did it!