How to import a shapefile into tableau?
access_time 1 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label TABLEAU, IMPORT SHAPEFILE INTO TABLEAU
Did you just download a shapefile? Or did you just order a shapefile from the Spotzi database and do you want to import these shapefiles into Tableau? Read the following instruction:
- Make sure to extract your zipped shapefile first.
- Open Tableau and connect your shapefile from the start page.
- Once you have connected your shapefile, a worksheet will be created. Go to this worksheet.
- Now drag the Geometry field and other dimensions to the Detail shelf or directly onto the canvas.
- You did it! You have successfully imported a shapefile to Tableau.