How to import a shapefile into tableau?
access_time 1 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label TABLEAU, IMPORT SHAPEFILE INTO TABLEAU
Did you just download a shapefile? Or did you just order a shapefile from the Spotzi Datashop and do you want to import these shapefiles into Tableau? Read the following instruction:
- Make sure to extract your zipped shapefile first.
- Open Tableau and connect your shapefile from the start page.
- Once you have connected your shapefile, a worksheet will be created. Go to this worksheet.
- Now drag the Geometry field and other dimensions to the Detail shelf or directly onto the canvas.
- You did it! You have successfully imported a shapefile to Tableau.
Database with 100+ Shapefiles
Spotzi has a large Datashop with a lot of Shapefile (.shp) datasets with demographics, consumer spending, ZIP code boundaries, real estate data, addresses, business listings and many more. Our Datashop offers a one-stop-shop solution where you can browse through all our datasets and order them directly from our shop.