How to map addresses from an Excel?
access_time 8 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label MAP ADDRESSES FROM EXCEL, PLOT ADDRESSES ON MAP FROM EXCEL
The Spotzi Mapbuilder allows you want to plot addresses on a map from an Excel file. This can be achieved by geocoding (what is geocoding?) your Excel file. After geocoding your Excel file with addresses our system will automatically plot them on a map in your Mapbuilder account. Plotting addresses on a map has never been this easy:
We will use the following table to geocode.
|Spotzi||Office the Netherlands||Veilingdreef||35||4614RX||Bergen op Zoom||The Netherlands|
|Spotzi||Office Canada||King Street West||125||M5V 3S5||Toronto||Canada|
Tip! Don’t use any special characters and numbers in the table header
Keep in mind that the use of special characters (%, #, @) and numbers in the table header might cause an error when you want to geocode a CSV/Excel. To make sure that geocoding works properly, please use text-only table headers.
To geocode the data from the above example you have to follow the steps below:
1. Log into your account, go to My Maps and press CREATE MAP.
2. Click on GEOCODE MY DATA.
3. Name your map and table. Select your Excel/CSV file and click IMPORT to confirm.
4. You need to tell the Spotzi Geocoder which colums in your dataset refer to a specific location (e.g. a city name). Spotzi will prefill most columns, but you can choose other columns if necessary. Got multiple values in one column (like street and house number)? Select the same column for both location types. Press IMPORT.
The number of rows is limited
Keep in mind that for Premium accounts the number of Excel rows you can geocode is limited to 1,000. If you want to geocode more rows at once, please contact us.
5. The Spotzi Geocoder is now analyzing your file. It tries to find as many locations as possible. The more information you provide in the previous steps the better it can handle your data. The progress bar that has appeared on the interface tells you how far the analysis has advanced. When finished, click OPEN MAP.
Ready-to-use Addresses Data in the Spotzi Datashop
Did you know that Spotzi also has addresses database with ready-to-use address data you can instantly plot on a map? Visit our datashop and search all our address datasets.