Importing boundary data
access_time 5 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label IMPORTING LOCATION DATA, LOCATION DATA, DATA IMPORT
Geographical data files like Shapefiles or geoJSONs already contain a geometry. This makes it very easy to import those files into our mapbuilder. Most shapefiles or geoJSONs contain data which enable you to draw area boundaries on a map. In this example we will use a shapefile with a sample of the 5-digit ZIP code areas in the United States. Interested in our ZIP code boundary data? Please visit our datashop.
Make it easy. Buy data from the Datashop!
Our datashop has hundreds of geographical datasets that you can buy directly from the shop. After ordering, your data will be imported into your Mapbuilder account. Want to try the dataset first? Download a sample.
1. Log into your account, go to My Maps and press CREATE MAP.
2. Click on CREATE MAP FROM FILE.
3. Name your map and dataset. Select the file you want to upload to the Spotzi Mapbuilder and press IMPORT to start uploading.
4. Your data is now being uploaded to your account. The time for completing this process depends on the size of your file. Please note that it may not exceed 256 MB.
5. After your data has been uploaded successfully you will be able to access your data on your MY DATA homepage. To get to the MY DATA homepage press the link you can now see on the interface.