Import a CSV/Excel with a geometry
access_time 5 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label IMPORTING LOCATION DATA, LOCATION DATA, DATA IMPORT, IMPORT EXCEL, IMPORT CSV
A CSV file or Excel file that already contains a geometry has all the information necessary to draw point, lines or polygons on a map. It can thus be directly uploaded to your mapbuilder account. A geometry in a CSV or Excel file looks like this:
|Geometry Object||Table header(s)||Example|
|Point||the_geom||POINT (-74.0093857886298 40.71646850931738)|
|Line||the_geom||LINESTRING (-73.9578259 40.77954217, -73.95932794 40.7801596, -73.95976782 40.77950967, -73.96136642 40.78022459, -73.96374822 40.77697488)|
|Polygon||the_geom||POLYGON (-73.95757377 40.77853882, -73.95769179 40.77836821, -73.95757914 40.77831134, -73.95745575 40.77847789, -73.95757377 40.77853882)|
You can obtain a CSV or Excel file containing a geometry in our datashop or upload your own file by following the steps that are outlined below.
1. Log into your account, go to My Maps and press CREATE MAP.
2. Press CREATE MAP FROM FILE.
3. Give your map and dataset a name. Select the file you want to upload to the Spotzi Mapbuilder and press IMPORT to start uploading your data.
4. Your data is now being uploaded to your account. The time for completing this process depends on the size of your file. Please note that it may not exceed 256 MB.
5. After your data has been uploaded successfully you will be able to access your data on your MY DATA homepage. To get to the MY DATA homepage press the link you can now see on the interface.