Import a CSV/Excel with a geometry
access_time 5 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label IMPORTING LOCATION DATA, LOCATION DATA, DATA IMPORT, IMPORT EXCEL, IMPORT CSV
A CSV file or Excel file that already contains a geometry has all the information necessary to draw point, lines or polygons on a map. It can thus be directly uploaded to your mapbuilder account. A geometry in a CSV or Excel file looks like this:
|Geometry Object||Table header(s)||Example|
|Point||the_geom||POINT (-74.0093857886298 40.71646850931738)|
|Line||the_geom||LINESTRING (-73.9578259 40.77954217, -73.95932794 40.7801596, -73.95976782 40.77950967, -73.96136642 40.78022459, -73.96374822 40.77697488)|
|Polygon||the_geom||POLYGON (-73.95757377 40.77853882, -73.95769179 40.77836821, -73.95757914 40.77831134, -73.95745575 40.77847789, -73.95757377 40.77853882)|
You can obtain a CSV or Excel file containing a geometry in our datashop or upload your own file by following the steps that are outlined below.
1. Log into your account, go to My Maps and press CREATE MAP.
2. Press CREATE MAP FROM FILE.
3. Type a name for your dataset into the field TABLE NAME and click on FILE to select the file you want to upload to the Spotzi Mapbuilder. Press IMPORT.
4. Your data is now being uploaded to your account. The time for completing this process depends on the size of your file. Please note that it may not exceed 256 MB.
5. After your data has been uploaded successfully you will be able to access your data on your MY DATA homepage. To get to the MY DATA homepage press the link you can now see on the interface.
6. On the MY DATA page you can create a map from your data. In order to do so press the CREATE MAP button on the right side of the name of your dataset.
7. Give your map a name (max. 48 characters) and press CREATE MAP.
8. After your map has been created successfully you can open it by pressing OPEN MAP.
9. Congratulations! You have successfully uploaded a dataset to your Mapbuilder account. Now it is time to style your map the way you like. For more information about styling your map, please consult the topics styling multiple features or styling each feature individually in our help center.