Map options and settings
access_time 7 MIN | fiber_manual_record BEGINNER | label TRAINING, MAPS, FUNDAMENTALS, MAP OPTIONS, EDIT MAP PROPERTIES, DUPLICATE MAPS, DELETE MAPS
Edit map settings
In the options menu of your individual maps you can change information about the map, duplicate maps or delete maps.
1. After clicking the options button, a drop-down menu will appear. When you click the ‘Settings’ option, a menu will slide in on the right side of the screen.
2. This menu gives you the possibility to change the name, add a description of the dataset and add multiple tags. These tags help you to categorize your maps and to make it easier finding them. It also shows you some basic information of the dataset like creation date and last update date.
Change the name
Now you can edit the information belonging to your map in the panel on the right hand side. Click on the name field, edit it and save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
If you want to edit the description of your map you have click the description field, edit it and save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
To help you find your data more easily you can attach keywords to your map. To do so click in the tags field and enter your keywords followed by a comma or by pressing enter. After you have added all your keywords save your edits by clicking the green ‘Save’ button in the right corner at the bottom.
1. Go to My Maps and find the map you want to duplicate in your account. Press the OPTIONS button.
2. Now a dropdown menu will appear with a few options. Click the DUPLICATE MAP button.
3. You have successfully duplicated your map.
Keep in mind!
Duplicating a map does not mean that the connected dataset is also duplicated. If you want to duplicate this data, too, please read the article below about duplicating datasets.
1. Find the map you want to delete in your account and press the OPTIONS button.
2. Now a dropdown menu will appear with a few options. Click the red DELETE MAP button to delete your map.
3. Click DELETE MAP in the pop up window to confirm.
Keep in mind!
Deleting a map does not mean you deleted the datasets that is connected to your map. If you want to delete the data, too, please read the article below about deleting datasets.
Delete maps in bulk
1. When you want to delete data in bulk you have to go to MY MAPS. Select the data you want to delete.
2. Now a menu will appear in the upper left corner. Click the red DELETE MAPS button to delete your maps.
3. Click DELETE MAPS to confirm.