How to create maps in QGIS?
access_time 3 MIN | fiber_manual_record INTERMEDIATE | label SPOTZI QGIS PLUGIN, CREATE MAPS
You can create single or multilayers maps from QGIS and publish them into your Mapbuilder account. Currently the following styles are supported in QGIS:
- Styles: Single symbol, categorized and graduated.
- Simple fill.
- Borders style: (solid line, no pen, dash line, dot line, dash dot line and dash dot dot line).
- Simple lines.
- Line and border join styles: (bevel, miter and round).
- Line and border line width.
- Simple markers: (fill, size, outline width).
- Layer transparency.
- Feature blending mode.
- Select one of the layers from your Spotzi account. In our example we will select “Arable Land”
- The Spotzi Plugin automatically downloads the dataset from our server and adds a new layer to your Qgis Project:
- The various styling options are located in the ‘Style’ tab of the Properties dialog.
- Click on the drop-down button inthe Style dialog, you will see there are four options available. Select Graduated. Select the column “year_2012” and the color ramp of your preference and press “Classify”. You can also change layer transparency:
- Click apply or ok. You will see different countries appearing in different colors according to the “year_2012” attribute.
- Type the title for your map and click “Create”:
- You will see the message “Map Created” after publishing process is completed.
- You will find the new map on your Spotzi account.