More details about this data
What is Purchasing Power?
Purchasing Power is the same as disposable Income. It refers to the amount of money an individual has at his or her disposal for a particular period. In other words, it is the net income per capita (person) or per household.
Why is the Disposable Income Austria relevant for my business?
The question we have is are you spending your marketing dollars wisely? For example when you offer a high-end priced product, we instantly show you the areas where to spend your marketing budget. In conclusion you will generate better results with the same money.
Does Spotzi offer the data at a worldwide level?
The Disposable Income is readily available for 42 countries in Europe. In addition, we can provide data of many other countries in the world. These requests are on demand.
What insights can you gain from this data?
You can use the data by zip code for various purposes. Above all when used in combination with Spotzi Insights or Spotzi Studio this data is especially powerful for answering business analysis questions. For example:
- What is the average disposable income of your existing Austrian customers?
- What is the average per capita income in Vienna?
- Which Austrian postal code area has the highest per capita income?
- What is the average income per capita that lives in a certain zip code area?
- What are high potential zip code areas for your products or services?
- Are there any clusters of high purchasing power postal code areas?
- How high is the disposable income in a certain postal code area compared to the national average?
- How high is the income inequality in Austria?
- Where do affluent consumers live?
- What is the optimal location for a new business location?
- What is the currency of the disposable income of Austria?
This data shows the overall per capita income composition in Austria by 4-digit postal code. The data is expressed in the national currency of Austria (Euros).
How to compare the per capita income per area in Austria?
To enhance comparison between different zip codes Spotzi also included per capita income indices. Spotzi calculates the national average disposable income of all people. This average is set to 100. Postal codes with more affluent people will have a higher purchasing power than the national average so the index will be higher than 100. For instance, an index of 200 means the average disposable income in this zip code is twice as high as the national average.
Which 4-digit postal codes have the highest per capita income in Austria?
Austria is a quite high-ranked country when it comes to average income (International Monetary Fund, 2017). Within Austria the areas with the highest disposable income can be found in urban areas like Vienna or Graz. In Austria the following postal code areas have the highest income index.
- 1010 - Vienna
- 8036 - Graz
- 6763 - Lech
- 2372 - Gießhübl
- 9082 - Maria Wörth