Spending Clothing The Netherlands
This map represents spending data from Netherlands on a 4-digit postal code level. This spending data provides more insight into the spending on clothing per year. This includes purchases of the following clothing:
- Women’s outerwear (excluding sportswear) dresses, outfits, skirts, trousers, blouses, t-shirts, knitwear, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, evening wear, etc.
- Men’s outerwear (excluding sportswear) trousers, jackets, sports coats, suits, coats, shirts, t-shirts, knitwear, sweatshirts, etc.
- Children’s outerwear (excluding sportswear) trousers, jackets, coats, knitwear, t-shirts; girls’ dresses, outfits, skirts, blouses; boys’ outfits, shirts; baby clothing, etc.
- Underwear daywear, nightwear, bath wear, dressing gowns, pajamas, bathrobes, etc. – Hosiery / knitwear stockings and tights for women, men and children, etc.
- Other clothing products ties, scarves, handkerchiefs, hats, caps, gloves/mittens, etc. – Accessories for making cloths
- Includes dry-cleaning, repair and hiring of cloths
The data on this map is available on postal code 4 area and is calculated per total, per capita, per 1,000 persons or index. An index helps to compare consumer behavior between different areas. The countrywide average is seen as the base for the calculation (countrywide average = 100). If the inhabitants of one area spend more on accessories than the countrywide average, the index for this area will be higher than 100. An index of for example 200 for an area means that people in this area spend twice as much on accessories than the average person of that country.
Besides data about the spending for clothing we also offer the spending of footwear and accessories.
|Year of coverage||2017|
|Format||CSV, Shapefile, KML, GEOJSON, XML|
Variables in this dataset
This data features the data that is needed to draw the postal code areas on the map. Besides this data we also offer the following other information:
- Spending for clothing
- Total, in million euros
- Per mill in euros
- Per inhabitant in euros
- Demographic data
- number of inhabitants and number of inhabitants by gender
- Age groups for total number of inhabitants and for inhabitants by gender
- number of households
- marital status of households