Spending Tools and Gardening The Netherlands
This dataset represents spending data from Netherlands on a 4-digit ZIP code level. This purchasing data provides more insight into the spending on power tools and gardening per year. This features purchases of the following products:
- Gardening items like plants, seeds, fertilizer and soil
- Garden tools like hoses, spades, shovels, rakes, forks etc
- The use and repair of motorized equipment like garden lumber and fencing, gardening tools, garden supplies, drills, saws, lawn mowers etc.
- Ladder and steps.
- Indoor fittings (tiles, wood, plastics): flagstones, custom wood cuttings, moldings, prefabricated panels, parquetry, plastics, paneling, etc.
- Appliances, machines, tools, accessories: ladders, wheelbarrows, drills, high-pressure cleaners, hammers, work clothes, ironware/household hardware, etc.
The data on this map is divided by ZIP code 4 area and is calculated per total, per capita, per 1,000 persons and as an index. An index helps to compare consumer behavior between different areas. The countrywide average is seen as the base for the calculation (countrywide average = 100). If the inhabitants of one area spend more on accessories than the countrywide average, the index for this area will be higher than 100. An index of for example 200 for an area means that people in this area spend twice as much on accessories than the average person of that country.
Besides data about the spending of power tools and gardening we also offer the spending of furniture and furnishing, home appliances, households products (non-electrical) and household maintenance.
|Year of coverage||2017|
|Format||CSV, Shapefile, KML, GEOJSON, XML|
Variables in this dataset
The following variables are an example of the variables available for this dataset:
- Per capita
- Index (index (average purchasing power = 100)
- Per 1000 persons