Dashboard user and access management
What use are insights if you can't share them with your colleagues and customers? Every dashboard has its own user management system where you can take control over who can use your dashboard. Add users (a free Spotzi account will be required), delete users, activate or deactivate a dashboard or activate your dashboard for a certain period of time — It's all your call! In this article we will discuss the following features:
- Access user management by selecting MY DASHBOARDS. Click your dashboard, followed by the OPTIONS button. Select MANAGE USERS to add more users to your dashboard by clicking the small button below the search bar.
- Add a first name, last name and email address (required). Click ADD USER to confirm.
- The invited user will receive an email. If they have a Spotzi account, they can access the dashboard with their Spotzi account. If they don't, they must register for a new Spotzi account. The invitation is automatically set to pending; once the invited user has accepted the invitation you can delete users or change the dashboard's password.
- If you want to add some extra users to your dashboards, you can access user management by going to MY DASHBOARDS. Select your dashboard and click the OPTIONS button, then select MANAGE USERS to add more users to your dashboard.
- To delete users simply check the box of every user you’d like to remove and click DELETE.
- You have now successfully deleted a user from your dashboard.
When you delete a dashboard it will remain visible to the users you have previously shared it with. It will also notify viewers that it's been DELETED BY OWNER.
Enable/disable access for individual users
- If you want to disable or enable user access to a particular dashboard, you can access user management by going to MY DASHBOARDS. Select your dashboard and click the OPTIONS button. Select MANAGE USERS to open the user management of that particular dashboard.
- Hover over the user that you temporarily want to block from your access list. Click the green switch to disable/enable access for this account.
- In order to activate or deactivate a dashboard go to MY DASHBOARDS and click the dashboard’s OPTIONS button. Select SETTINGS in the dropdown menu.
- Click the switch set to activate or deactivate your dashboard.
Activate a dashboard for a certain period of time
- Go to MY DASHBOARDS and click your dashboard’s OPTIONS button. Select SETTINGS in the dropdown menu.
- Set the activation period.
- Click SAVE to confirm.
Users will be notified when you deactivate a dashboard or the activation period of a dashboard has expired.