LAST UPDATE: 23-05-2018
Your privacy is important to us, and we take our responsibility of caring for it seriously.
This policy describes what information Spotzi collects when you use the website or mapbuilder offered by Spotzi.
table of contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Highlights of what you’re consenting to
- 3. The information we collect
- 4. How we use the information we collect
- 5. Sharing information
- 6. Your preferences
- 7. Transfer to other countries
- 8. Links
- 9. Security
- 10. Children
- 11. Accessing and updating personal information
- 13. Cookies and third-party data collection
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and give you a great experience with it
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy
All the information we collect is related to providing the Spotzi service and its features.
The information we collect includes:
- Registration information, including your title, name, account type, organisation name, address, username and password you provide when you sign up for the Spotzi Mapbuilder.
- The datasets and maps you use in the Spotzi Mapbuilder. You can choose whether or not to share this data and maps with your friends, coworkers, or the public.
- Technical and sensor information necessary to operate Spotzi. This includes the type of browser and device you use. This enables you to control Spotzi and allows us to do simple things like adjusting the screen size to match your monitor.
2. Highlights of what you’re consenting to
By using or interacting with the Service, you are consenting to:
- the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live
- the public availability of your information and the controls over such information as described in Sharing information
3. The information we collect
We may collect and store the following information:
3.1 Registration data
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your username, password, email address, gender, name and company name.
You may also choose to voluntarily add other information to your profile, such as your mobile phone number.
When you decide to purchase one of Spotzi’s datasets we will ask you for additional information like your address, country and zipcode. This information is needed by Spotzi for billing and tax handling.
3.2 Usage, log data & cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with datasets, maps and apps
- the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request
- User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) you post to the Service including messages you send and/or receive via the Service
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, browser type
3.3 Embedded Maps
Other websites may integrate the Spotzi Mapbuilder. When you visit a site with a Spotzi Map embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the web page you visited. We know when you interact with an embedded Spotzi Map, and websites containing the Spotzi Map may receive this information.
3.4 Payment data
If you purchase any of our Paid Subscriptions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions), or make other purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
If you choose to pay by invoice, Spotzi may need to collect and store additional information, like your name and address and provide it to payment processors we work with to issue invoices, to enable credit checks and to send you invoices.
3.5 Spotzi service providers and partners
We may also receive information about you from our service providers and partners, which we use to personalise your Spotzi experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you. We also use this information as explained in the section How we use the information we collect below.
4. How we use the information we collect
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails or notifications, which you agree to receive
- to communicate with you for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Spotzi account settings); in the section Your preferences below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud
6. Your preferences
We provide you with settings to allow you to choose which communications you receive from us. These settings can be found in the account settings page of the Spotzi Mapbuilder. It is also possible to change your cookie settings.
7. Transfer to other countries
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Spotzi Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
The Spotzi Service is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Spotzi, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our privacy form and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights.
11. Accessing and updating personal information
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us.
4614RX Bergen op Zoom