HOW DO I CREATE A QLIK SENSE ZIP CODE MAP?
If you want to create a ZIP code map with QLIK Sense Desktop, you need a KML file with a geometry that draws the boundaries on the map. If you are using Spotzi Studio and you have a download license please follow these instructions on how to import a KML into Qlik Sense Desktop.
Spotzi offers all-in-one dashboards for professionals that don’t want to spend lots of time structuring and managing their data, but immediately want to start their data analysis and create new insights. Our unique 3-step solution (Visualize, Analyze, Realize) helps you to quickly gain insights from your data. Simply connect your data to our dashboards and premium data sources, gain new insights and realize new campaigns. Contact us for more information or take a look at our plans.
To import your ZIP code data into QLIK Sense Desktop and create your ZIP code boundary map you need to follow these steps:
- Create a new app.
- Name your app and click CREATE.
- Click OPEN APP.
- Drag you KML file into your app or go to data manager in the upper left corner and select the KML from your computer.
- Now you will see the columns from your KML file. Select the name and area column and click ADD DATA.
- After your import is done, click the particular data set and click LOAD DATA in the upper right corner.
- After your data was loaded successfully, click on EDIT THE SHEET to open your visualization where you can add your map.
- Drag a map chart to your sheet.
- Now drag the field item with the geometry to your map. This is in most cases the field that ends with “.Area”.
- Click ADD A NEW LAYER > ADD AS AREA LAYER.
- Remember that QLIK Sense will limit the number of areas. If you want to change this, go to the particular area layer and click OPTIONS > GENERAL and set the number of max. visible objects to a number more than 1000.
- Show labels by clicking the switch. Select the field that ends with “.Name” to visualize the postal codes.
- You have successfully created a QLIK Sense area map with Spotzi data.
Database with ZIP codes of multiple countries in Europe and North America
With Spotzi dashboards you have direct access to a wide range of premium datasets with demographics, ZIP code boundaries, real estate data, addresses, consumer surveys and many more. Contact us for more information or visit our page with an overview of all our datasets.