How do I create a QLIK Sense ZIP code map?
Have you just downloaded a file with ZIP code boundaries that you want to import into QLIK Sense? Please notice that QLIK Sense only supports KML files that include the geometry of these ZIP code areas. If you have this file available, please read the instructions below in order to create a ZIP code map.
How to create a ZIP code map in QLIK Sense? [Guide]
Import your ZIP code data into QLIK Sense Desktop and create a ZIP code boundary map by following the steps below:
- Create a new app.
- Name your app and click CREATE.
- Click OPEN APP.
- Drag you KML file into your app. You can also import it by opening your data manager (found in the upper left-hand corner) and selecting your KML file from there.
- Select your KML file's name and area columns, then click ADD DATA. Give these a moment to import.
- Select your dataset and click LOAD DATA.
- Click on EDIT THE SHEET to open your visualization. This is where you can add your map.
- Drag a map chart to your sheet.
- Now drag the field item with your geometry to your map; this field's name is likely to end with ".Area".
- Click ADD A NEW LAYER > ADD AS AREA LAYER. Note: QLIK Sense will automatically limit your number of areas — to change this, go to your area layer and select OPTIONS > GENERAL to set the "max. visible objects" at over 1000.
- See your labels by clicking the switch, and select the field ending in ".Name" to visualize the postal codes.
- Congratulations! You have successfully created a QLIK Sense visualization using Spotzi data.
Instant access to postal code boundaries?
Create Spotzi Explorer account
|Spotzi Explorer provide users with direct access to postal code boundaries around the world, and turn maps into key insights. Find postal code areas within a drive time or a specific radius. Try Spotzi Explorer yourself or visit the Spotzi Explorer page for more information about the available dashboards.