How to import a KML into QLIK Sense?
Have you just exported a KML file from your Spotzi account or any other platform? In order to import this KML file into QLIK Sense Desktop, please read the instructions below for a walk-through of this process.
How to import a KML file into QLIK Sense? [Guide]
- Ensure the column containing your ZIP code has the title "name".
- Create a new app.
- Name your app and click CREATE.
- Click OPEN APP.
- Drag you KML file into your app, or go to the data manager in the upper left-hand corner and select the KML from your computer.
- The columns from your KML file will appear. Select the name and area columns, then click ADD DATA.
- After your import is complete select your dataset and click LOAD DATA
- Click on EDIT THE SHEET to open your visualization; here, you can add your map.
- Drag a map chart to your sheet.
- Drag the field item with the geometry to your map. This is often the field that ends with ".Area".
- Click ADD A NEW LAYER > ADD AS AREA LAYER.
- Remember that QLIK Sense will limit the number of areas. To change this please go to the particular area layer and click OPTIONS > GENERAL. Set the visible objects maximum to a number greater than 1000.
- Toggle label viewing by clicking the switch, or select the field that ends with ".Name" to visualize the postal codes.
- You have successfully created a QLIK Sense visualization with Spotzi data.
A must-have geomarketing package
Spotzi offers all-in-one dashboards that streamline audience targeting and data analysis — allowing professionals to gain new, actionable insights without having to devote time to complex data management. Our 3-step solution is designed to help you quickly target your best-fit customers. Use our dashboards and premium data sources to gain new insights and realize new campaigns. Contact us for more information or take a look at our plans.