Import geographic data
3 MIN BEGINNER IMPORTING LOCATION DATA, LOCATION DATA, DATA IMPORT
Geographic datasets like Shapefiles or geoJSONs already contain a geometry. This makes it very easy to import those files into your Spotzi account. Most shapefiles or geoJSONs contain data which enable you to draw area boundaries on a map. In this example we will use a shapefile with a sample of the 5-digit ZIP code areas in the United States.
1. Log into your account, go to My Maps and press CREATE MAP.
2. Click on CREATE MAP FROM FILE.
3. Name your map and dataset. Select the file you want to upload and press IMPORT to start uploading.
4. Your data is now being uploaded to your account. The time for completing this process depends on the size of your file.
5. After your data has been uploaded successfully you will be able to access your data on your MY DATA homepage. To get to the MY DATA homepage press the link you can now see on the interface.
6. You have successfully uploaded this dataset to your Spotzi account. Now it is time to style your map the way you like. For more information about styling your map, please consult the topic about map styling options.