Got any data a ZIP code or postal code level? Visualize this data and turn it into a heatmap. With Spotzi, you can connect your postal code-level data to our boundaries and create an insightful overview of your data.
Before you can start mapping postcodes, we first need to import the Excel or CSV data at the postcode level. Here, the rule is: the better the quality of the Excel file, the better the quality of the import. Therefore, here are a few tips:
1. Go to MY DATA and click CREATE DATASET to start the import process. Select the option to import the data FROM A FILE.
2. Name your dataset and select the file. Click IMPORT.
3. The system will notify you that there is no geometry found in your data. Click IMPORT ONLY, because we will attach a geometry later. Wait for the system to import. You will receive a message when the import is finished.
4. Go to your home screen and open the MAP POSTAL CODES option to start.
5. First select the postal code boundaries you want to visualize, wait for the system and click NEXT STEP to confirm.
6. Now select your recently imported dataset you want to connect to the postal code boundaries. Click NEXT STEP to confirm. In case you only want a visualization of all postal code areas without any data attached to it, select SKIP THIS STEP.
7. In this step, you can choose the data on which to base the style of your dashboard. For example, if you have data at the postal code level, you can create a heatmap based on that data. If your postal code data contains text, such as sales managers per postcode, the map will be colored according to the sales manager.
8. Name your dashboard and click CREATE DASHBOARD to start the process.
9. After confirmation, you can open your dashboard and you can see your data visualized at postal code level. Now it is time to style to map or customize the dashboard to your liking.
Map styling is an essential part of customizing your geomarketing dashboards. A well-selected range of colors makes a big difference in how a viewer might interpret the data you’re presenting. Spotzi’s predefined map styling options allow users to effortlessly create attractive and insightful dashboards. You can also stylize custom maps in order to match your brand identity — or that of a client! Our interface allows you to customize markers, icons, logos, colours, and even your own CSS. You have the following options:
For more information about Map Styling Options, please visit our page about Map Style Editor.
Now you have styled your map, it is time to customize your dashboard. With Spotzi you can add graphs, text, images, change the layout and many more. Everything to enhance data communication, enabling storytelling and informed decision-making. It engages users, provides context, and offers a deeper understanding of geographic data. Aesthetically pleasing and inclusive, this approach amplifies the impact of your dashboards. In the dashboard customizer you have the following editing options:
For more information about setting up your dashboard further, please visit our page about Dashboard Builder.